Saturday, August 3, 2002

Nuts.

Okay, see, this is what I'm talking about. Armando Benitez just gave up a homer to Craig Counsell in the top of the ninth, and the game is tied at 5-5. Now, I mentioned before that Little was caught stealing last inning. What I didn't mention was what happened next. Rey Ordoñez got his fourth hit of the game (no, that's not a misprint), a single to left field. The next hitter, Tony Tarasco, struck out, ending the inning. But if Little runs the bases with the smarts that any 30-year-old player should have, there are two runners on with Robbie Alomar at the plate.



Obviously, we can't hang the blame for a potential loss on Little's baserunning error. He didn't give up the home run, Benitez did, and the game isn't even over yet. But if I know Mets fans, I'm not the only one ready to lynch the new guy if the Mets should lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment