Friday, August 2, 2002

Welcome, all.

Welcome to Digressions on Baseball. Please, make yourself comfortable. (Okay, put that back on.) My name is Misha Imberman Berkowitz, and I'm a Film/Math undergraduate at UC-Santa Cruz (go slugs?). For most of my 18 years I've been an avid baseball fan, and for the past two months I've been an unemployed baseball fan. With all this time at my disposal -- and the fastest Internet connection Pacific Bell's DSL service can muster -- I've been reading a lot about baseball this summer, from Bill James' New Historical Baseball Abstract and Win Shares to Rob Neyer's Baseball Dynasties to online material (Baseball Prospectus, Rob Neyer's work at ESPN.com, David Pinto's Baseball Musings). These authors' research and analysis have contributed much to my constantly-changing opinions, and have inspired me to transform my thoughts into words, my curosity into research and my love of baseball writing into a summertime hobby. Thanks for the motivation, fellas. I'm gunnin' for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment